• Open: Mon to Fri: 9AM – 6PM, Sat: 10AM – 5PM.
    Closed: Sunday & Holidays


    Follow us on Google and Facebook for Holiday Weekend Hours

  • ADDRESS: 160-5055 101 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6A 0G7

    Located at Capilano Mall next to Sketchers

  • Programs

    Alberta Health Care

    Health Care Information – FREE FOR ALL ALBERTA RESIDENTS

    Replacement Cards please call 780-427-1432

    All residents of Alberta must register themselves and their dependents with the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan. Form AHC0102 is required.

    Note: Individuals cannot maintain active health coverage in more than one province/territory. For example, out-of-province students or temporary contract workers should maintain their coverage in their home province unless moving to Alberta permanently.

    Alberta Resident

    A person lawfully entitled to be or to remain in Canada, who makes Alberta his/her home and is physically present in Alberta for at least 183 days in a 12-month period, but does not include a tourist, transient or visitor.

    Marital Status/Dependant

    • Spouses must register together, unless separated or spouse does not intend to become an Alberta resident
    • Adult interdependent partner – may register together or separately

    Single children:

    • under 21 and wholly dependent(includes adopted children, foster children and legal wards)
    • 21 and over and wholly dependent because of physical or mental disabilities
    • under 25 and enrolled in three or more courses at an accredited educational institution

    Required Documentation – for registrant and spouse/partner

    Original and valid documents are required.

    If a document from each category below (one must include a photo) is not produced, the application will not be processed.

    Please note: Individuals with visitor or short term permits or refugee documents may not be eligible for coverage.

    1) Identity – One (1) document from BOTH the registrant and spouse/partner to support your identity and name. Document must be government issued ID which shows photo, name and birthdate.

    • Canadian/Non-Canadian passport
    • Canadian citizenship card
    • Permanent resident card
    • Federal identification card ie:Nexus
    • Current Alberta/provincial/territorial driver’s license
    • Albert identification card

    2) Citizenship/Legal entitlement to be or remain in Canada – One (1) document from BOTH the registrant and spouse/partner to support your Canadian citizenship or legal entitlement to be or remain in Canada. Document must show name and birthdate.

    Note: Non-Canadian dependents must also provide a legal entitlement document.

    • Canadian passport
    • Canadian citizenship card (must be signed prior to February 1,2012)
    • Canadian birth certificate
    • Permanent resident card or confirmation of PR form
    • Canada entry document (work/study/visitor permit)
    • Notice of Decision – convention refugee

    3) Alberta Residency – One(1) document from EITHER the registrant or spouse/partner to support your Alberta residency. Document must show name and current Alberta address (as provided on the application)

    • Current Alberta driver’s license
    • Current Alberta photo ID card
    • Current utility bill for an Alberta residence
    • Mortgage or rent/lease agreement

    Changes to your Alberta Health Care Insurance

    A change or correction to an individual’s name, date of birth and/or gender requires government-issued supporting documentation. Change of gender also requires a letter from the attending physician stating a new health care card is required as part of the therapeutic protocol and a driver’s license or birth certificate showing gender change.

    Change of address is required in order to maintain Alberta Health care Insurance coverage.